Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 4 - Redefining Bitch

So I have seen how in my mind's eye I have come to define women as a sort within the word 'bitch'. And within this going back and forth between the idea that 'all women are bitches' and also 'only some women are bitches'. So an interesting thought behind this ordeal with 'all women are bitches' or 'only some women are bitches' I have never considered that I could redefine the word bitch in itself.

  1. 1:  the female of the dog or some other carnivorous mammals
  2. 2a :  a lewd or immoral womanb :  a malicious, spiteful, or overbearing woman —sometimes used as a generalized term of abuse
  3. 3:  something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant
  4. The dictionary definition. 
Within my mind the primary exposure or meaning that is invoked when I hear or am exposed to this word is within the context of definition 2b and to a lesser extent 2a. Within this there is also the linked assumption or idea that this definition is synonymous with all females which is actually high degrading and disrespectful. So is there a way I can redefine this word in my mind's eye to not be of the representation of something highly degrading and disrespectful to people? I can redefine the word 'bitch' as something extremely difficult, objectionable, and unpleasant. Within that not linking this word to an entire sex of people but linking it to certain situations or events that fit within this context. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define all females within the category of 'bitch' as a malicious, spiteful, or overbearing woman or a lewd woman. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the thought 'all women are bitches'. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the emotional attachment of the word 'bitch' to its "malicious, spiteful, lewd, or overbearing woman' definition or connotation. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the fear that my definition of the word 'bitch' and its connotation of a 'malicious, spiteful, lewd, or overbearing woman' has limited my capacity to have honest relationships with females as whole. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that all females are bitches within the context of 'a malicious, spiteful, lewd, or overbearing woman'. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the belief that women are generally 'lewd, spiteful, malicious, and overbearing'. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the belief that some women are generally 'lewd, spiteful, malicious, and overbearing'. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the belief that women as a sex are wholeheartedly 'lewd, spiteful, malicious, and overbearing' as a general nature. 
I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed the belief that all women are within the context of my mind's eye's primary definition of 'bitch' are actually all evil. 
I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed the belief and assumption that all women are evil. 
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the belief and assumption that all women are evil and spiteful in nature and hence they are all 'bitches'. 

I commit myself to redefine the context and nature of this word's use to not be synonymous with all women but to be reserved for some situation or authority that abuses their power. 
I commit myself to redefine the nature of the word 'bitch' to include not only those who abuse their power but for the ones that deliberately impose harm on others out of spite.




No comments:

Post a Comment