Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day 30 Defining, Redefining, and Living Words

Defining, Redefining, and Living Words

A word that has been on my mind lately is the word FuckBoy. So this word is very prevalent in American culture these days and it has a lot of connotations that denote a disrespect for somebody. When the word fuckboy comes up in my mind I think it’s a guy that likes to fuck. I haven’t put very much emphasis on the cultural trend of how people have been defining this word rather I have sort of in my mind organized the existence of this word and also have examined what the practical implications of the judgment of this word as the living representation of another human being. Such as I realize that in the mind what we judge we sort of become in a way. So all the people degrading this word and judging this word and judging people as representations of this word in the most degrading connotation will actually become this word in their living manifestations as the same degrading connotation they have placed upon it and used it to judge another in their world/reality. So for me a ‘fuckboy’ really denotes nothing of any real significance other than somebody who wants/likes to fuck. Whether or not they decide to stay with the person they have sex with is really where the degrading connotation has come from I think. As in it’s a guy who just wants to have sex and then leave and never wants to hold a relationship down. So I guess you would say that I have already sorted gone through the process of defining and redefining this word within my mind but not in writing. Wherein I saw the simple definition of this word as I was curious about its implications and its existence being highly prevalent within young people’s culture today and especially rap/hip hop culture. So initially I did have some reactions to it because I felt it to be degrading. Then I looked at the word within the context of how I look at words, how I see words, and how I define words within the context of my existence and how I view reality and saw nothing wrong with ‘a fuckboy’. Because when I looked at the word ‘fuckboy’ all I see is a man or maybe a young man that likes to fuck. And whats wrong with that? I think where we get in trouble with words is the judgment of words and/or the judgment of people that we have placed a specific word or connotation of a word to represent that person within our minds because essentially we become the living embodiment of what we judge and/or what we judge other people as. 

Defining Fuckboy within myself: A guy that has no respect for women and vice versa. A man that can't keep down a relationship. A man that is 'only good for a fuck' in a woman's eyes.

Redefining 'Fuckboy' within myself: A man that has a cock and has sexual needs just like everybody else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment