Thursday, January 26, 2017

Day 148 Lamp

I noticed I started feeling a little panicky and anxious just a moment ago. There’s something very calming about the arrangement of my desk and the lamp that is on it that is helping me remain calm and stable. It was one of those moments where one thing leads to the next, you react, and then react to the next thing and the next thing – and things are not going your way – and you’re feeling anxious anyway so you feel like you ‘need’ ‘this’ and ‘that’ and ‘this’ and ‘that’ are not as you expected or planned so then you get all panicky. And really the entire evening I have been fairly calm and I would pass the desk with the lamp and it would calm me. And really throughout the entire evening this has been the only point of calm within myself – the soothing tone of the lamp on the desk. Being fairly stable already but then the lamp keeps coming back to calm. And also the plants arranged near the lamp as well. Its like just sitting here in this arrangement on the computer typing this is is exactly where I need to be and most calming and stabilizing thing for me in this moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment